Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Awesomeness that is Ender's Game

Hi!
So my brother recently sent me this comic : Locke and Demosthenes . If you are a fan of the work of Orson Scott Card, you will love this. If your not, go buy Ender's Game RIGHT NOW and you will be a fan.
This was the book that started my love for all things sci fi and fantasy. I think I was maybe about eleven or twelve when I first read it, at the insistence of my older brother. Ive since learned that if he tells me to read something, I should not hesitate. If it wasn't for him, I may never have read HP, and we all know how I feel about that.
Anyways, I digress. Ender's Game is a futuristic story about the coming war with an alien race called the buggers. The people of Earth have united themselves against this threat, and put aside their differences for the greater good. In order to win the second invasion, they are seeking out super intelligent children, and taking them to Battle School, training them to become soldiers. Ender Wiggin is one such child, taken at the age of six.

The story unfolds from there, and is without question my favorite book. Yes, I know, what about HP? Well, my friends, I loved Ender first. There is currently ten books in the Ender and Bean saga, all of them amazing. I read the whole lot of them at least once every two years, if not every year. Ive had to replace my copy of Ender's Game multiple times due to pages falling out from being flipped so many times.

If your going to fall into any universe, make Ender's. You wont be sorry.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Buy it used, Orson Scott card is very outspoken in his condemnation of homosexuals. Ender's Game is an excellent book but be aware of where your money is going.

    But IMO Speaker for the Dead is better then Ender's Game.

    ReplyDelete