Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I wrote a book!

50,000 words? 30 Days? Pssh, that's nothing!
I can now say with pride that I wrote a book! It may not be amazing, it may not make sense, but its got a beginning, a middle, and an end. Sure, it will take some editing. Probably a lot of rewriting. But I wrote it, from scratch, in thirty days.
The experience was pretty amazing. Yes, there were times when I didn't think I could do it. And I did think about quitting a couple of times. I guess part of me wanted to finish to prove to myself that I could. I cant describe the feeling when I wrote those last words, when I crossed the 50,000 mark. I felt like I had just climbed a mountain. And now I'm one step closer to a dream I have had since I was a little kid. To use a word I hate, I'm pretty stoked about the whole experience.
NaNoWriMo is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment